I was so excited when the lovely ladies at de Charmoy Estate invited me to enjoy and review their Sugar & Spice Spa. To be very honest too, though, I was also a little nervous, and I’ll tell you why; When it comes to treatments I am one fussy human. I would rather not have a treatment at all than suffer through a bad one, so knowing that I would give an honest review about my experience, I really hoped that my standards were going to be met #imsuchaBRAT
You guys, I can happily and honestly say, I was blown away! This little spa (I say little because it has only two treatment rooms), is a little slice of heaven!
I arrived at de Charmoy, and without knowing where the spa was I parked at The Chocolate Garden as I knew it from attending the media launch event. I was greeted by lovely Lauren, the owner. She guided me happily along my short walk to the spa, far enough away from anything to allow it my most favourite of features: absolute peace and quiet! Bliss for a mama of three!
There we were greeted by the most radiant of woman, Zama. Zama is the beautiful Sugar & Spice Spa therapist, who just oozes positive energy.
Lauren left us and Zama led me to a private and tranquil spot on the deck where I helped myself to a lovely little spread and chatted briefly to Lauren’s bubbly mom, Cathy.
Once I had filled in my treatment Card (and filled up my tummy), I was taken through for the first of my two treatments: a full body massage. And OH. MY. GOODNESS.
You guyyyyys! Zama’s hands are literally magic ✨
Everything about this treatment was perfect.
– the room was dimly lit
– there was a hanger for my clothes (warned you about my high standards!!)
– the music was perfect
– the towels were clean and soft
– Zama was just brilliant – her style of massage is EXACTLY my vibe! She made me feel relaxed, while still working out my stress, particularly in my neck and shoulders. Her hands never left me, no matter where in the room she was, she was perfectly attentive and asked if I was okay with the room temperature and pressure. For me a full body massage is not complete without my feet, and whatever Zama did to the tops of my feet still gives me goosies thinking about it! 🤗 I know…! I’m way too passionate about this guys, you can imagine how often I get a day to be pampered 🙄 #likenever so when I am spoilt like this, with a perfect treatment, I’m BEYOND excited!
Once my 60 minutes of bliss was over Zama left me to get up slowly and go outside for more refreshments. When I put my robe on I was pleasantly surprised by the stash of a slender bar of dark Lindt chocolate 😍🙌🏼 I love little surprises!!
After a short break I was taken across to treatment room two for my “Timeless Facial Treatment”. Once again the atmosphere was perfection and a burning candle gave off the most beautiful scent.
The facial was done using South African brand six. I have never had a facial using these products before but have to say I was more than pleasantly impressed. The all-natural products smelt and felt (#poet) lovely. It was an interesting experience to go from having hot steam on my face for the exfoliator, to then having freezing cold “marbles” placed in certain areas of my face. Apparently this aids in constructing blood vessels so the skin better absorbs the products.
The best part of all – how my skin literally glowed after my treatment. You guys, I’m not kidding, I’ve not managed to find the time for facials since I had Brooklyn. I used to go monthly. When I walked out of that treatment room I vowed that I would do my best to make the budget stretch and find the time to try get back to doing that for myself. My skin looks and feels soooo good, and it’s just such a feel-good moment when you look in the mirror and see your skin shining back at you, ✨ despite how much you were awake last night for the baby 😉
Thank you so much Zama & Lauren for having me at your beautiful piece of heaven, the pleasure truly was all miiiiiiiine x
Now for your chance to WIN yourself this very same treatment for yourself, to the value of R1150:
1. You need to reside in KZN as this is where de Charmoy Estate is located.
2. The prize is for one adult for two treatments as per above
3. For your entry it is mandatory for you to comment on this blog post and share the post on Facebook, all of the other ways are optional but sharing is caring so please go ahead and tag friends on Instagram and retweet the Tweet.
4. Givaway ends at 00:00 on 18 January 2018
5. The winner will be announced on 19 January 2018 and has until 28 February to redeem the prize.
6. Spammers will be disqualified
ENTRY: Tell me in the comments below why you would love (or neeeeeeeed) to win this prize, and share the post (to public so we can pick it up) on Facebook.
Goooooood luck! I’m already jealous of the winner!!
Going to make my next appointment right now x
Disclosure: Sugar & Spice Spa provided me with treatments free of charge in return for my honest review and experience